Free Sleep!

20 Comments

1. I blew raspberries on my husband’s tummy thinking that he was my baby once. lol

2. For the first few days I kept calling our baby girl our dogs name! Whoops! Anna is our baby, Riley is our dog– they don’t even sound alike. Blaming it all on sleep deprivation.

3. I went 67 hours without a wink of sleep during my senior year of high school.. class, work, study for finals. I hope I never have to go through that again. It gives me the shivers!

4. I went almost 48 hour because baby was cranky, gassy, and had a cold. Every time I would get him to sleep, I would try to lay down but he would wake back up crying. But I survived with help!

5. Close to 4 whole days with no sleep….. My labor was long!

6. During my daughter’s early weeks when I was completely exhausted, I once tried to put the pacifier in her ear instead of her mouth (hey, it was dark).

7. On Monday, I was excited to make it to my appointment with both kids (23 months and newborn) relatively on time, only to discover my shirt was inside out.

8. 26 hours. Then, I cried when my sister showed surprising me to help because I thought I was so sleep deprived that I was hallucinating.

9. Ditto on calling the baby the dog’s name…all the time!

10. Ive been lucky so far and havent gone too long without sleep! Funniest thing I’ve done while sleep deprived is put on clothes that are clearly dirty and stained

11. I’m a big head-bobber when I fall asleep in transit (trains, planes, automobiles). And I regularly find myself sleep-deprived on long-haul international flights. On more than one occasion, I have woken with a start to realize I’ve not only bobbed onto the shoulder/chest of the stranger sitting next to me, but I’ve drooled on myself or, on occasion, on the poor fellow passenger.

12. I must still be sleep-deprived – I can’t think of a single comment to share! Oh, mommy brain!

13. My husband says I’ve been known to say things that are 100% incomprehensible – and when he tries to ask me to clarify, I get frustrated and repeat the (incomprehensible) sentence, leaving him to ask several follow up questions and until he figures out what I mean!

14. April 21 2011 was the last night I really slept- the night before I went into labor with my first 🙂

15. I have had baby brain since my first was born 2 yrs ago and do things like leave the water running after washing my hands or leave the car door open- no sleep and no caffeine take a toll….

16. I went two straight days in college–in between papers, classes, practices, and games, I just didn’t have time to sleep. Good practice for the baby I suppose!

• Hi Rachel! You are the winner of the Sleep Class + Book + Swaddle! We’ll hold the products for you until Friday 10/11, please let us know if you’d still like to have it them and which Sleep Class you’d like to sign up for. 🙂

17. During a vacation years ago, we were so busy that just did not have time to sleep. However, the sleep deprivation made everything fine. No heat, no hunger could get to us. Everything was just SO FUNNY! It was a great trip
    And I guess, it is a feeling that I will get again in just 7 weeks!

18. Non-refrigerated items often end up in my refrigerator.

Submit a Comment