classes are offered by Breastfeeding Outreach for Greater Washington
We offer a wide range of free and low-cost classes for expectant, new and experienced mothers of newborns to toddlers. Our classes are taught by our IBCLCs or instructors that are highly qualified in their respective fields. Please register through our calendar!
Babies are always welcome to come to class! Our free classes can be crowded due to our no turn away policy; please register in advance. If payment is a hardship, please call and ask our Program Coordinator for options.
All of the classes described below can be taught privately one-on-one or for a small group by one of our IBCLCs or instructors.
Location: The Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington
1020 19th St NW, Suite 150
Washington, DC 20036
- Time: 1 PM to 4 PM (3-hour workshop with 2-hour class with Q&A and 1-hour hands-on practice)
- Date: Saturday, February 8th
- Price: $120 (50% of your registration fee will be donated back to the Breastfeeding Center!)
- What to bring: All you need is a camera and a positive attitude. A mobile phone with a camera may be used. A DSLR is NOT required.
Blaming your digital camera for sub-par pictures? Sick of settling for blurry, dim, unflattering images that make you cringe? Know you need to read your camera’s manual but can’t make it past page 2?
Here’s the secret: it’s not about your equipment, it’s about being EQUIPPED with simple know-how. Documenting your life’s story and capturing precious moments from your children’s childhood goes beyond buying a digital camera. It requires knowing what to look for to set up a great shot, even at a moment’s notice.
My clients hire me for family photo sessions and newborn portraits, but a lot of life happens when I’m not around. This workshop is designed to help you become YOUR family’s photographer and capture the moments in stunning snapshots.
What is Snap Happy: Photography 101?
This 3-hour hands-on workshop is designed to equip moms and dads with the fundamental photography skills they need to capture spontaneous childhood moments with polish and prowess.
Part 1 will take place in the classroom where theory will be translated into easy-to-understand, practical tips that will immediately improve your family snapshots regardless of what camera you’re working with.
Part 2 will be dedicated to hands-on practice of the new strategies you learned during the in-class portion.
- More class dates added throughout the year
- Enrollment limited to 6 students
- Extended class time for live demos and hands-on practice
- Class tailored to each student’s skill level and needs
- One-on-one coaching from Julie
Who should sign up for Snap Happy:
Snap Happy – Photography 101 is designed for busy moms and dads who love taking pictures of their children and family, but are dissatisfied with the results. They want to improve their photography skills, but struggle to find the right settings and strategies to create quality images.
Like most parents, you likely take LOTS of photos of your kids. But most of these photos aren’t necessarily worthy of sticking up on the fridge—movement is out of focus, kids are out of frame, and you can’t help but feel that something was lost in translation. Rather than snapping thousands of images and hoping one or two are worthy, I will teach you how to hone your focus, apply the same technique used by the professionals like me, and be snap happy.
What you will learn:
- Photography fundamentals to break free from pre-set shooting modes
- Five simple strategies for setting up the perfect shot
- How to work with all lighting levels
- Key components of beautiful composition
- How to organize and preserve your memories for headache free enjoyment
***CLICK HERE TO REGISTER***