New and expectant parents rely on so many incredible professionals during this special time in their lives, and we’re so lucky to be able to work side by side with so many of you! The Breastfeeding Center has many opportunities a wide range of health care providers could benefit from – take a look below to see what might make the most sense for you or your practice.
This group class is offered quarterly.
Location: The Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington
1020 19th St NW, Suite 150
Washington, DC 20036
This class is designed with the health care provider in mind. Doulas, nurses, midwives, physicians and other health care professionals are encouraged to attend this 3 hour program. Start with a 1.5-hour class on the basics of breastfeeding, then observe a one-on-one lactation consultation (to be set up at a later time) or attend another one of our classes of their choosing. This class will go over getting a successful start at breastfeeding, breast pumping and milk storage, challenges that nursing moms may face, and how to get families the help that they need. This class is presented by Gina Boling, IBCLC, and Director of Lactation at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington.
We work with pediatric, OB/GYN, midwifery and doula practices to offer tailored trainings to their residents and staff. Trainings can take place in your office or ours and can be scheduled to accommodate your busy days. To inquire about setting up a training, please email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
We collaborate with many local practices and hospitals to give our mutual patients the best possible care. If you have an idea for a partnership or collaboration with us, please email Gina at email@example.com
We look forward to working with you and continuing to cultivate a strong, supportive community of health care providers for new and expectant parents across the DC area.
Current collaborations include:
- Partnership with GW Hospital to offer all their childbirth classes both at the hospital and at our office.
- Collaboration with Nested Baby to bring some of the best childbirth education classes in the area to our clients. Not only is Nested committed to providing the very best in childbirth preparation and education, but they are also a wonderfully philanthropic group working with an international nonprofit to bring better health outcomes to disadvantaged communities in Ecuador.
- Ongoing, quarterly breastfeeding training for Children’s Pediatricians and Associates‘ residents.
- Participation as mentors in GWU’s Breastfeeding Medicine Elective. Medical students shadow our lactation consultants to better understand the challenges breastfeeding mothers face.
- Preceptors for aspiring lactation consultants from Lactation Education Resources. IBCLCs-in-training get their hands-on training done with our IBCLCs at the Breastfeeding Center and in home visits.