Opportunities at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington
Open Position – Full-Time Lactation Consultant
Do you love helping families thrive? Are you looking to advance your skills while at the same time being part of a dynamic, collaborative team? Do you value being part of a well respected and established organization that supports the local community? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington is hiring a full-time, experienced outpatient IBCLC with a positive outlook and passion for the profession. As a leader in lactation education and promotion, the mission of the Breastfeeding Center of Greater Washington is to advance breastfeeding and successful parenting throughout the DC metro area by providing free and low cost professional instruction to families in a supportive community space.
As each family we serve are individuals, this position requires the ability of the candidate to meet each client where they are, to assist them in defining their own breastfeeding goals, and helping them meet those goals in a nonjudgmental, nurturing, and accepting manner. The lactation consultant must also be committed to the mission of the Breastfeeding Center as a whole, and to training and guiding IBCLCs-in-training as the Breastfeeding Center strives to create more equitable access to mentorships.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current certification as an IBCLC
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hospital and/or outpatient settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and sharp attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, and flexibility to take on new responsibilities and tasks as needed
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of coworkers and clients
- RN or other state-license preferred
- Master’s degree in nursing, healthcare or public health field preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Experience in curriculum development for lactation care providers
This opportunity offers you:
- Competitive salary
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid family leave
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Regular (non-hospital) hours
This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) position open for immediate hiring. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of March 9, 2020, with an expected start date of April 1, 2020 or prior.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Gina Caruso at email@example.com.